New Delhi: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar has been slapped by a youth at the New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) centre in Delhi. The minister was attacked as he was leaving the premises after attending a literary function. The attacker, identified as Harvinder Singh, was reportedly angry over Mr Pawar's inability to control rising prices.
"This is my answer to corrupt politicians," shouted the attacker as he took out his kirpan when security guards tried to overpower him and whisked him away. He was handed over to the police for interrogation.
"I was answering some questions by a group of journalists when I saw this man coming towards me and I thought he wanted to ask me a question. I don't know what his intention was. It is up to the police whether they want to press charges against him or not," Mr Pawar said reacting to the incident.
The attacker has been identified as the same person who slapped former telecom minister Sukhram inside the premises of a Delhi court just moments after he was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment in connection with a corruption case dating back to 1996.
"This is my answer to corrupt politicians," shouted the attacker as he took out his kirpan when security guards tried to overpower him and whisked him away. He was handed over to the police for interrogation.
"I was answering some questions by a group of journalists when I saw this man coming towards me and I thought he wanted to ask me a question. I don't know what his intention was. It is up to the police whether they want to press charges against him or not," Mr Pawar said reacting to the incident.
The attacker has been identified as the same person who slapped former telecom minister Sukhram inside the premises of a Delhi court just moments after he was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment in connection with a corruption case dating back to 1996.
No comments:
Post a Comment